Friday, January 30, 2009

Following Chris's lead...

I'm poaching something from Facebook.

25 Random Things You Might Not Know About Me


1. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to post a note. (On Facebook.)

2. I am still waiting to be really impressed by Obama. I didn't vote for him, and I'm pissed that most people assume that that means I voted for the other asshat.

3. I don't believe in God.

4. I am still not sure I'm an atheist.

5. I used to be an athlete - for real. I wish I'd never stopped.

6. I own more than one firearm and I consider it to be responsible citizenship.

7. My grandfather was easily in the top 20 names in Southwestern Archaeology, and he achieved it all with only a bachelor's degree. I am proud of that heritage.

8. A bachelor's degree from the 1930's was probably more like a PhD today. That's not about me... but I'm an educator, so it's relevant.

9. My dream car is a 1949 Mercury Lead Sled - chopped, channeled and LOW.

10. I'm seriously considering a motorcycle - but I have to come to turns with being a fatalist.

11. I am really concerned that by my last statement, people think I don't really know what fatalist means... my intellect is my greatest vanity.

12. Dammit - I don't think I can come up with many more.

14. I purposely left out 13.

15. I saw a girl naked before the age of 10. (To clarify - she was a teenager. She was mormon. Not that that is why she revealed her naked flesh to me... I'm just saying.)

16. Seeing a girl naked for the first time made me physically ill.

17. I love my bicycle.

18. Losing our unborn child this summer was the most painful experience of my life - with the possible exception of going to the ear doctor.

19. I added the tag ear doctor tag on the last one because I feel that I wasn't taught how to properly express emotions without feeling really embarrassed by them. (How's that for a fact about me.)

20. *** Censored *** (This is too public a forum.)

21. I wonder if people are very shocked by that.

22. As a child, I desperately wanted braces. I can't explain why. It was the closest I really ever came to wanting to really fit in.

23. For most of my life, I've been largely unimpressed with myself.

24. That's not depressive - it's my motivation.

25. I am torn between being a writer and being a teacher. I know I can do both, and make something cool out of it... but I am a purist at heart.

No comments: