I'm poaching something from Facebook.
25 Random Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to post a note. (On Facebook.)
2. I am still waiting to be really impressed by Obama. I didn't vote for him, and I'm pissed that most people assume that that means I voted for the other asshat.
3. I don't believe in God.
4. I am still not sure I'm an atheist.
5. I used to be an athlete - for real. I wish I'd never stopped.
6. I own more than one firearm and I consider it to be responsible citizenship.
7. My grandfather was easily in the top 20 names in Southwestern Archaeology, and he achieved it all with only a bachelor's degree. I am proud of that heritage.
8. A bachelor's degree from the 1930's was probably more like a PhD today. That's not about me... but I'm an educator, so it's relevant.
9. My dream car is a 1949 Mercury Lead Sled - chopped, channeled and LOW.
10. I'm seriously considering a motorcycle - but I have to come to turns with being a fatalist.
11. I am really concerned that by my last statement, people think I don't really know what fatalist means... my intellect is my greatest vanity.
12. Dammit - I don't think I can come up with many more.
14. I purposely left out 13.
15. I saw a girl naked before the age of 10. (To clarify - she was a teenager. She was mormon. Not that that is why she revealed her naked flesh to me... I'm just saying.)
16. Seeing a girl naked for the first time made me physically ill.
17. I love my bicycle.
18. Losing our unborn child this summer was the most painful experience of my life - with the possible exception of going to the ear doctor.
19. I added the tag ear doctor tag on the last one because I feel that I wasn't taught how to properly express emotions without feeling really embarrassed by them. (How's that for a fact about me.)
20. *** Censored *** (This is too public a forum.)
21. I wonder if people are very shocked by that.
22. As a child, I desperately wanted braces. I can't explain why. It was the closest I really ever came to wanting to really fit in.
23. For most of my life, I've been largely unimpressed with myself.
24. That's not depressive - it's my motivation.
25. I am torn between being a writer and being a teacher. I know I can do both, and make something cool out of it... but I am a purist at heart.
Fall birthday craft project
1 year ago