Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Gluttony. (A day late. So, happy sloth too.)

I was too busy dying of an intense stomach ache yesterday to post, but I meant to. Not a bad stomach ache mind you, but a good sort of dull over-indulged kind.

Thanksgiving wishes to all my friends and family. I hope it was a good day. We did well. I made my famous cranberry sauce, and I tried a new recipe this year as well: Spiced Pumpkin Fudge. My first batch was awful, but I nailed it on round two. We also had the proverbial turkey, potatoes of mashed variety, stuffing, peas, and bread. Often, we over-make side dishes that just go to waste. So, this year we kept it simple. All in all - it was a glorious feast.

So, not much else to say. If you are reading this because you know me and not for some other random reason, know that I am thankful for you. Maybe that's cheesy, I don't know. Really, and this may sound a bit pessimistic, I'm glad this year is almost over. It's been rough for us. But we are pulling through.

Here's pie in your eye.

Jed

1 comment:

emery_rose said...

You have a famous cranberry sauce?!! I had no idea. I was just thinking this year how I would like to learn how to make cranberry sauce, it being the best part of Thanksgiving. Maybe you could teach me sometime...