Tuesday, September 16, 2008

...

I smash my head on clouds, and dive head first deep into the belly of the Earth. I feel the wind pull on me. I watch days go by. Nights are now watercolor. I fight. I fight. This wretched bubble in my heart.

The grass is still growing. The trees are still so selfish. The sun smacks my face so harshly. I can feel the world spin.

I am stone.

My brain is champion of my world now. My heart has fallen so far behind.

Why does it hurt so much to love something that is only a concept?

If you have not heard by now, we lost the baby. We are together, and we are moving forward. Everything else feels plastic.

2 comments:

natasha said...

Jed,
Steve and I were so sad to hear this news. I know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better, but just know that you're in our thoughts. We have candles lit for you and are sending good energy your way.
-Tasha

Gina said...

Ben and I are so sorry to hear about your loss. We are sending you both lots of love.