Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sabado de paz

cinnamon rolls.
fresh squeezed orange juice.
weird weekend npr.
patio.
dog at my feet.
lazy mountain breeze.
orioles eating week-old sourdough.
goddess to my right.
baby in her womb.
so in debt, but so alive.
no need for capitals.


A cheesy poet still resides in my heart. We have our first midwife appointment on Thursday - turns out we stumbled onto the same midwife that delivered your friend's baby, Emery. The universe is mysterious indeed.

Our lil' guest cottage is being renovated a bit. I am told it will be quite nice. My head still vibrates from sonic nail guns.

Love and luck to all of you.

Riding turbo,
Jed

2 comments:

emery_rose said...

I'm happy to see that you're back to blogging. I love the poem.
I'm glad you found the midwife. I think Fran had a good experience.
Is it also the same midwife who delivered me?
We miss you guys, and will call soon.

Gina said...

oh hooray! what a wonderful weekend! i agree--npr is so weird on the weekends. i mean, i love the way the brothers click and clack howl with laughter throughout cartalk...but praire home companion!??? does that even make any sense?! to anyone?! no, it does not!
say hello to the goddess!